|March 2017 Newsletter|
|Estimada membresía. |
Presten atención a estos anuncios. El plazo para enviar abstracts para el panel de Feministas Unidas del MLA ha sido extendido hasta el 15 de marzo también. Y no olviden renovar su membresía.
¡Saludos casi primaverales!
1. MLA CFP
2. SAMLA CFP
3. Interdisciplinary Conference in the Humanitites CFP
1. Feministas Unidas, Inc. (MLA-allied organization)
MLA 2018 Guaranteed Session
“Hispanic Women in the Public Sphere: Debates on Feminisms, Activism, and Solidarities"
New York City, January 4-8, 2018
Call for Papers
This session seeks to further promote a dialogue on feminisms, activism, and collective initiatives of solidarity among women (including concomitant local and regional debates on them) with a focus on Spanish-speaking societies, including the United States. Recent political and socioeconomic changes in Spain, Latin America, and the United States, have brought to public and scholarly attention the space that women can/should occupy in the public sphere. This session is interested in analyzing current debates on feminisms vis-à-vis the advance of the globalization agenda and its impacts to the Global South: What are the current debates and trends on feminisms at the local and regional levels? What are the connections of such discussions with civilian-based initiatives of activism and solidarity to guarantee women’s political and personal space in the public realm? The interdependence between theoretical and practical approaches is welcomed. Send a 250 words abstract (in English, Spanish, or Portuguese) to Hilda Chacón at email@example.com, deadline March 15, 2017. Must be a member of MLA and Feministas Unidas, Inc. in order to present at the conference.
2. SAMLA 89th Annual Conference
High Art / Low Art: Borders and Boundaries in Popular Culture
Affiliated Group: Feministas Unidas, Inc.
Title of the panel: Popular Hispanic Culture Beyond borders and boundaries.
The panel invites papers that examine the borders and boundaries in popular Hispanic culture as these are defined by race, gender, ethnicity, religious and/or political views. We are interested in discussing the influence, consequences and overall impact of these components on the society and individual. By May 5th, 2017 please submit a 250-word abstract, brief bio, and A/V requirements to Eugenia Charoni, Flagler College, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Panelists must be members of BOTH Feministas Unidas and SAMLA to participate in the panel.
3. CALL FOR PAPERS FOR THE 32nd ANNUAL INTERDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCE IN THE HUMANITIES
The Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, the College of Arts and Humanities, and the University of West Georgia (UWG) invite you to celebrate the 32nd Annual Interdisciplinary Conference in the Humanities, October 26-October 28, 2017. We welcome submissions from across the Humanities, Fine Arts, and the Social and Natural Sciences, dealing with DICHOTOMIES/SCHISMS/DIVISIONS and the many relations and intersections between them. Papers, exhibits, performances and screenings may be submitted by scholars, graduate students, writers, artists, and performers. Papers in French, German, or Spanish are welcome when part of a pre-organized panel.
The Keynote Address: Dr. Oswaldo Estrada
We especially welcome topics that include, but are not limited to DICHOTOMIES/SCHISMS/DIVISIONS in relation to:
• Literary studies of all periods, places, and times
• Opposing concepts such as: war/peace; love/hate; local/global; citizens/immigrants; etc.
• Gender and Sexuality Studies
• Afro-Hispanic Studies
• Imperialism and the Natural Sciences
• Cultural studies
• Migration, immigration and globalization
• Feminist, queer and postcolonial theory
• Linguistics, language and bilingualism
• Memory, memorials, and commemoration
• Study abroad
• Geography and cartography
• History, historiography, and historical revisions
• The visual arts, including film studies, photography and graphic design
• Environmental studies and urban studies
• Health and travel concerns
• Theatre, scenes and landscapes
• Myths and mythology
• Music, including musical history and theory
• Economics, including commerce, marketing and trade
For individual proposals please submit a one-page, double-spaced abstract in English to Dr. Anca Koczkas at email@example.com. Include the presenter’s name, institution, email address, phone number, and any audio-visual or technical requirements for the presentation on a separate page. Papers in French, German and Spanish are welcomed as part of a pre-organized panel.
Submissions for panels of 3-4 presenters are especially welcome. For panel proposals please submit the panel title, abstracts, and contact information for all speakers and for the panel moderator. Proposals are due by May 15th, 2017.
2017 registration fees:
• All UWG faculty and All graduate students: $65
• Faculty, scholars, and other participants: $110
• The Mid-America Conference on Hispanic Literatures
• MACHL 2017
• October 26-28
• New Cartographies in Iberian and Latin American Studies
• Hosted by the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures, Washington University in St. Louis
• Keynote Speakers:
• Bruno Bosteels (Columbia University)
• Susan Martin-Márquez (Rutgers University)
• The Revista de Estudios Hispánicos will sponsor a plenary session on academic publishing
• The Organizing Committee seeks proposals for individual presentations and special sessions on any aspect of the literatures and cultures of the Iberian Peninsula or Latin America, written in Spanish, English or Portuguese. Panels or individual proposals related to the conference theme are especially encouraged. We welcome alternatives to the traditional format of three to four papers: roundtables, workshops, lightning talks, workshops, pecha kucha, etc. Please note that we discourage panels from groups of scholars coming from the same institution.
• Send 250-word abstracts for individual papers by March 31, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to newsletter list
eChapters.com is a subsidiary of Digital Pathways International, Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2019 Digital Pathways International, Inc.