|November 2014 Newsletter|
|The Executive Committee of Feministas Unidas Inc., an allied organization of the MLA, is pleased to announce a call for papers for the 12th Annual Feministas Unidas Essay Prize competition for graduate students. This Prize is awarded for an outstanding unpublished essay on feminist scholarship on women in the field of literature, the arts, filmmaking, Transatlantic studies or cultural studies in the areas covered by our organization’s mission: Spanish, Spanish-American, Luso-Brazilian, Afro-Latin American, and U.S. Hispanic Studies.|
The purpose of the essay prize is to promote feminist scholarship by those who are entering our profession and are currently graduate students. The prize is the product of collaboration between Feministas Unidas and the Asociación Internacional de Literatura y Cultura Femenina Hispánica (AILCFH). The selection committee is drawn from officers and members of Feministas Unidas and the editorial board of Letras Femeninas. Feministas Unidas reserves the right not to award the prize in a given year.
Award: $250 and publication of the essay in the the journal Letras Femeninas. The author of the winning essay must be a member of the Asociación Internacional de Literatura y Cultura Femenina Hispánica (AILCFH) at the time of publication of the essay. Winning essay will receive corresponding editorial comments from competition readers as well as from Letras Femeninas Editors. Essays will be published one year after acceptance.
Eligibility: Graduate students who are current or new members of Feministas Unidas are eligible to submit their original research for the prize.
• An unpublished paper
• Length: 18-25 pages, double-spaced, including notes and works cited
• Format: MLA style. Prepare the manuscript according to instructions for “Anonymous Submissions”
• Languages: Spanish or English
• Deadline for submission: November 15, 2014
Items to be submitted:
• 200-word abstract of the essay
• Author’s c.v.
• Submit all materials in the following way: one hard copy and as an e-mail attachment. Please submit essays without names and add a cover page with the title of your work, your name and institutional affiliation. This will help us ensure adequate refereed procedures.
Hilda Chacón, Vicepresident
Foreign Languages and Literatures Department
4245 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618
Return to newsletter list
eChapters.com is a subsidiary of Digital Pathways International, Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2018 Digital Pathways International, Inc.