|February 2016 Newsletter|
Buscamos nominaciones para Feministas Unidas antes del uno de marzo y buscamos a voluntarios para organizar el panel de FemUn en SAMLA. También envío tres Call for Papers muy interesantes. Recuerden que si tienen anuncios para l@s soci@s de Feministas Unidas, me los pueden enviar a firstname.lastname@example.org
1. NOMINATIONS NEEDED FOR FEMINISTAS UNIDAS
2. CHAIR NEEDED FOR A PANEL IN SAMLA- JACKSONVILLE, FL
3. CONGRESO DE LA AILCFH EN HOUSTON
4. CONGRESO DE MACHL EN KANSAS
5. COLABORADORES PARA VOLUMEN COLECTIVO: BLACK US-AMERICA AND SPAIN.
1. Dear Members of Feministas Unidas, Inc.:
We need to hold elections for four Executive Board positions: Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and Newsletter Editor for the two academic year term of 2017-2018. Ballots will be distributed in April. Nominations will be due March 1.
The Vice-President shall act as president in the absence of the President; shall carry out directive tasks assigned by the President and/or Executive Committee; shall become the President in the year following the two-year term as Vice-President.
The President shall preside at the Annual Meeting and shall call meetings of the Executive Committee; shall have the authority to appoint ad hoc committees to carry out specific projects or resolve specific problems; shall delegate the work of the membership body and the Executive Committee. The President shall see that elections are called and carried out according to the provisions of these By-Laws.
The Newsletter Editor shall compile, organize and submit for publication the Feministas Unidas, Inc. newsletter, which, according to the Library of Congress description is published online biannually, in February and October.
All active members are invited to consider nominating themselves to serve on the Executive Board. Self-nominations are due by March 1.e
bruary 27, 2015.
Please send an e-mail self-nomination to: Cynthia.Tompkins@asu.edu, Secretary of
Feministas Unidas, Inc. and Rebecca Ulland, (email@example.com), President of Feministas Unidas. In this email, please include the following:
-Subject Header: “Self-Nomination” -Body of Email Line 1: Your name -Body of Email Line 2: The position being considered -Body of Email Line 3: A brief statement
Thank you for considering this call to serve!
Rebecca Ulland President, Feministas Unidas, Inc.
And, it’s not too late to renew membership.
Dr. Rebecca J. Ulland
Associate Professor of Spanish
Director, Gender & Sexuality Studies Program
President, Feministas Unidas, Inc.
2. Dear members: We need somebody to volunteer/step forward to head up the SAMLA panel in the fall (Nov. 4-6, 2016, Jacksonville, FL)? Theme: “Utopia/Dystopia: Whose Paradise is it?” Anyone interested can contact Rebecca Ulland at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Crossing Borders/Cruzando Fronteras
26th Annual Conference of The International Association of Hispanic Feminine Literature and Culture. Asociación Internacional de Literatura y Cultura Femenina Hispánica
November 10-12, 2016
Sponsored by The University of Houston
Call for Papers
All proposals are due May 16, 2016 at email@example.com
The AILCFH and The University of Houston are pleased to invite you to the 26th Annual Conference of the AILCFH, to take place November 10-12, 2016 at the Hotel Zaza in Houston, Texas.
Crossing Boundaries/Cruzando Fronteras seeks interdisciplinary proposals focusing on the ways in which the borders of gender and sexuality are being crossed with class, race, ethnicity, popular culture and disability, among others, and their representations in all forms of cultural productions of the Hispanic world.
In addition, this conference will recognize the 400th anniversary of Cervantes’ death with the inclusion of sessions focused on gender in the era of Cervantes with a
Keynote address by Prof. Anne Cruz of the University of Miami.
We invite the submission of both individual and panel proposals in the following areas:
And gender in the age of Cervantes
-Proposals may be submitted in English, Spanish or Portuguese, the three official languages of the AILCFH.
-All proposals are due May 16, 2016 at firstname.lastname@example.org
-All proposals should include presenter’s name, title, and abstract of no more than one page, along with a brief description of professional qualifications (1 paragraph).
The registration is $115 US ($60 for students); all participants in the conference must be members of the AILCFH
Renew your membership or join at https://www.2checkout.com/2co/buyer/orderpage?sid=541196
After proposals for the conference have been accepted, the Organizing Committee will forward a list of lodging options at hotels with conference pricing. A limited number of scholarships will be available for graduate students.
4. MID-AMERICA CONFERENCE ON HISPANIC LITERATURES
Hosted by the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Kansas
Book Culture and Beyond
In Homage to Roberta Johnson and Vicky Unruh
Ignacio Sánchez Prado (Washington University)
Elena Delgado (University of Illinois)
The Organizing Committee seeks proposals for individual presentations and special sessions on any aspect of the literatures and cultures of the Iberian Peninsula or Latin America, written in Spanish, English or Portuguese. Panels or individual proposals related to the conference theme are especially encouraged.
Send 250-word abstracts for 20-minute presentations by April 15, 2016 to: email@example.com
To submit a panel proposal, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The committee will respond to proposals for both panels and individual presentations by May 15, 2016.
Early registration by August 31 $135
Regular registration after August 31 $155
Graduate students Early registration by August 31 $110
Graduate students regular registration after August 31 $130
Registration and Accommodation information will be provided on the Conference Web site: http://www.continuinged.ku.edu/programs/machl
For more information, please contact Prof. Margot Versteeg (Versteeg@ku.edu).
The annual Mid-America Conference on Hispanic Literatures is a joint undertaking of the universities of Colorado (Boulder), Kansas (Lawrence), Missouri (Columbia), Nebraska (Lincoln), Wisconsin (Madison and Milwaukee), and Washington University (St. Louis).
5. Proposals are invited for the collection of essays titled Black US-America and Spain: Shared Memories in the Twentieth Century. During the 20th-century Black America and Europe shared a fundamental and well documented relationship. Scholars have analyzed, for example, the impact on the European avant-garde by the vibrant black US culture, particularly jazz, that flourished during the Harlem Renaissance. While it is true that this undeniable transatlantic connection during the "Roaring Twenties" has been acknowledged, it is also true that this acknowledgment has concentrated mainly on France. Scholarship focusing on the relationship between Spain and African-Americans, however, not only has been scarce, but has also failed to show that the relationship extended beyond the 1920s and recurred at different times throughout the 20th- century. It is irrefutable, though, that Spaniards and African-Americans share significant cultural memories forged by the profound impact that various artistic and historical events have had on each other. This book intends to explore these reciprocal and bi-directional cultural and intellectual exchanges by bringing together scholars from the fields of Hispanic, African- American, and English Studies. Suggested subjects are the Harlem Renaissance and Spain's Avant-Guard; Spain's Civil War and African-American intellectuals; relationships between Spanish and African-American writers and artists; visions of Spain in the writings of African- American authors; representation of Black America in Spanish media and literature; the transnational impact of musical genres such as jazz and hip-hop on Spain's popular culture. Send 500 word-abstracts and cv for pre-selection to Rosalía Cornejo (rosalia.cornejo- email@example.com) by April 1st, 2016. Selection of proposals will be confirmed by April 29th. Final acceptance will be based on completed articles, which are due by December 1st, 2016.
Return to newsletter list
eChapters.com is a subsidiary of Digital Pathways International, Inc.
Copyright © 2002-2021 Digital Pathways International, Inc.